The training center was established as the Republican courses of qualification improvement for employees of financial and insurance bodies in 1978, then in 2001 the courses were transformed into the Training Center of the Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The training center is guided by the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "On Education", as well as other laws of the Kyrgyz Republic, decrees and orders of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic, decrees and orders of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, decisions of the Ministry and other normative legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic. The Regulation on the Training Center was approved by the Decree of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic No. 114 of February 20, 2012. The training center carries out its activities under the general supervision of the Minister, State Secretary, who oversees the work of the Center, and direct guidance of the Director of the Training Center.
The main objective of the Training Center of the Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic is the training, retraining and advanced training of employees of the Ministry of Finance system, public sector employees and local governments on effective public financial management, international financial reporting standards and internal audit in the public sector, automation of accounting and reporting in system of the Treasury.
Taking into account the authority of the Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic, a multilevel educational system in the field of public procurement has been introduced in the organization of the public procurement methodology. Since April 2010, in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic "On Measures to Ensure the Implementation of the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic" On the Structure of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic "of October 26, 2009 No. 425, the Training Center, according to its Regulations, conducts training, retraining and system of state procurement of goods, works and services with the issuance of confirming certificates of the established model of the Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic. To do this, trainer-consultants are involved, training programs, methodological aids, handouts for public procurement specialists have been developed.
The trainees are trained according to curricula and programs compiled jointly with the heads of departments, divisions and structural subdivisions of the Ministry of Finance. Languages of instruction: Kyrgyz, Russian, depending on the requests of listeners. The duration of the training is determined by the curricula, is consistent with the heads of departments, approved by the State Secretary of the Ministry of Finance. The Educational Center for the implementation of the educational process attracts teachers from universities, specialists from the Ministry of Finance and other ministries, departments on a basis of hourly payment and part-time. Listeners who have been trained and retrained at the Training Center receive a certificate of the established standard.
Financing of the Training Center's activities is carried out in accordance with the established procedure due to allocations allocated from the state budget and other revenues. The center has budgetary and special means. Accounting and statistical records are maintained, as well as reporting within the limits established by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic, norms and requirements. The remuneration of teachers is determined in accordance with the established procedure by the volume of the completed training load.
The curricula cover the following topics:
- Reforms in public finance management;
- The procedure for financing from the republican budget of the Kyrgyz Republic with an improved mechanism for budget execution;
- Economic forecast and forecasting at the regional level;
- The system of transfers (categorical grants and application of the per capita financing model);
- Two-level budget;
- Single Account Plan and guidance for its application.
- New initiatives aimed at increasing the level of transparency in the use of public finances (www.okmot.kg)
- Electronic public procurement system (zakupki.okmot.kg) - transparency and public access to all information on public procurement;
- The role of public procurement in the development of a market economy
- Basic principles of the Law "On Public Procurement";
- The procedure of public procurement;
- Legal and regulatory framework for procurement of works, preparation of a construction project, prequalification procedures;
- Public Procurement Contracts and their administration;
- The mechanism of consideration of protests and complaints in the field of public procurement